There’s this nifty thing circulating in the bloggersphere called The Liebster Award. It’s a blogger-to-blogger award. It comes with a few basic rules for accepting a nomination (and of course, some variations). I was recently nominated by Suerae Stein (Red Barn Artworks). Thank you sooooooooooooo much Suerae. Your nomination was a definite Good Thing and Little Happy which made me feel very special.
I. Thank the person who nominated you. (See above.)
II. Write 11 things about yourself. (So the post isn’t too, too long, I will share three things about myself.)
1. One of my favorite sayings is “No amount of darkness can extinguish the light of a single flame.”
2. I’ll usually pick salty, crunchy, greasy over ooey-gooey.
3. I discovered early on motherhood is not for the faint of heart.
III. Answer 11 questions about yourself. (Keeping the length of post in mind, I will answer five questions. All 11 questions can be found here.)
1. How do you handle stress? Not very well. I am improving (somewhat). I am definitely open to hearing from others on their stress management practices.
3. Do you have any fears or phobias? Alas yes. I don’t do heights, crowds, or confined spaces very well.
4. What is your favorite hobby if you have one? Doodling!
6. Where would you like to visit if you had the opportunity? Scandinavia!
11. If you could have any talent in the world, what would it be? It’s a tie between being an upbeat, positive person or musically inclined (as in able to carry a tune).
IV. Nominate 11 blogs for this award (and avoid backtagging). At one point the nominated blog was to have a following of fewer than 3,000, now it’s 200. Though it is difficult to ascertain exactly how many followers a blogger has if not listed, you can get a sense by how much (or little) advertising is present. For now I’m leaving open the possibility of revisiting the nominations at a future date because the majority of the blogs I wanted to nominate either mention having too many followers or have a lot of advertising. That said, here are four blogs I’m nominating today.
Colleen Kelly Mellor’s Biddybytes
Mary Kathryn Johnson’s MaryKathrynJohnson
Erin Williams’ ErinWilliamsWatercolors
V. Come up with 11 question to be answered by those you nominate. (Again, to keep this shorter rather than longer, I offer five questions for those I nominate.)
1. What is one thing about yourself you like?
2. What is one of your favorite sayings?
3. Where would you go if offered a three-week all-expense-paid vacation anywhere in the world?
4. Why did you start blogging?
5. When you wake up, do you hit the ground running or ease into the day?
VI. Notify those you’ve nominated. (Take it from one who was on the receiving end and knew nothing about this award until I was nominated. It was a total rush opening my email to read “I love your blog” and “I have nominated you for the Liebster Award!” Thank you again Suerae!)
During my quick, I-wonder-what-this-award/nomination-is-about google research, I discovered some view this as a non-award or one bordering on being a chain letter. I elected to view The Liebster Award as a way of spreading a bit of good cheer by making someone else’s day by nominating them, passing on links to some fun blogs, and sharing a bit about yourself.
A custom, unique, one-of-a-kind, made-just-for-you Doodled Avatar.
Avatars are your face in cyberspace. Avatars represent who and what you are. Click HERE for more information!